V36 Wehrmacht Diesel 1943
A V36 diesel standing in the shed at Bochum-Dahlhausen served in the Wehrmacht in WW2,
it was one of six built for the Wehrmacht and used to shunt a huge rail gun into position backwards and forwards along a curved track, which was laid by railway engineers before the bombardment started.
After the war the diesel was used by the Bundesbahn.
It was then run on Bochum-Dahlhausen railway heritage site. However, it is almost impossible to replace worn parts, partly due to huge costs and it is now on static display.